Melbourne Couples Therapy & Marriage Counselling
Using Proven Techniques
Worried about your relationship?
Find out how Couples Therapy can turn your relationship around…
If you’ve made your way to this couples therapy page, you’re likely feeling a lot of pain in your relationship. Perhaps the conflict has become unbearable…or maybe it’s the distance and disconnection that you can no longer tolerate. Call us today to make an appoint, we are conveniently located in Melbourne CBD.
If you are like most couples that come to see me for marriage or relationship counselling, you can most likely relate to some of the following:
- You are not communicating effectively. You are frustrated and distressed.
- Trust has vanished between you and your partner.
- Stress due to children, work, finances, family pressures or illness is damaging your relationship.
- One or both of you have contemplated or threatened to leave the relationship.
- You and your partner are struggling with sexual problems that are causing dissatisfaction in your relationship.
- You or your partner are dissatisfied with you sex life; you feel like you have become more like housemates; your libido styles are mismatched; you’re anxious about your performance; or one of you spends a lot of time on internet pornography or chatrooms.
- You or your partner has had an affair. You’re either reeling in feelings of betrayal, riddled with guilt for what you have done, and/or unsure of how and if you can repair the damage.
- One or both of you has had a difficult personal history that makes your dynamic more challenging (e.g. childhood trauma, difficult relationships, depression, anxiety, addiction issues, or mental illness).
The couples therapist for difficult relationships
Regardless of how much pain you are in and how troubled your relationship is, as your couples counsellor, I am committed to helping you improve your relationship.
Many couples have come to me with troubled relationships and were ready to give up hope. However, through our work in couples counselling, they were able to reconnect to each other and develop ways to solve their problems.
Couples Counselling with me goes beyond ‘damage control’, I help you grow as individuals as well as a couple.
As an experienced marriage therapist who also provides therapy for sexual problems. I act as the advocate for your relationship. My goal is to help you solve the problems that are causing your struggles. But, much more than that, I will help you become more whole as individuals and heal past wounds that are contributing to the problems between you and your partner.
Focusing on your relationship as a whole as well as the growth that needs to occur within yourselves, leads to deeper and lasting change. Through marriage counselling with me, you’ll give yourself the opportunity to get much more out of your relationship and your life; the opportunity for a richer, more fulfilling future together.
No matter what your relationship structure, you will be treated respectfully. I have experience working with individuals from all walks of life, including LGBTI counselling and polyamory.
A successful approach to couples counselling
I’m trained in some of the most effective marriage therapy approaches, such as Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (EFT). EFT has been shown to help 70-75% of unhappy couples recover and 90% improve their relationship significantly. EFT helps couples strengthen their bond through working with the deeper aspects of their emotions.
I’m also trained in a counselling approach called, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), which is also supported by an impressive body of research. ACT is known for helping people grow and develop rich and meaningful lives. ACT guides towards being mindful about the choices you make, and helps you to respond, not react to challenging circumstances.
Benefits of couples counselling with me as your therapist:
- Resolve past hurts and find ways to forgive each other.
- Discover how to communicate effectively and listen to and respect each other’s needs.
- Reconnect more deeply and feel closer than you have felt before
- Achieve a more satisfying sex life where you both feel fulfilled.
- Have more fun together and feel more confident about planning your future together
- If you should decide to separate, then I will help you do that in the healthiest way possible.
If you are thinking about working with a couples counsellor, please don’t hold back.
Far too many couples wait much too long before they see me. While it is always possible to turn a distressed marriage into a happier one, it becomes more difficult the longer you allow things to deteriorate.
The sooner you get help, the sooner you’ll be on your way to enjoying each other again.
Contact me at Catherine@m-pact.com.au to find out more about how relationship counselling/couples counselling can help. I am conveniently located in Melbourne CBD.